CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Planning a 1yr old's birthday party

In my wildest dreams I never would have imagined that planning a birthday party for a 1yr old would consume my life. The sad thing is... Maddie is not even 10 months old yet! I have a little over 2 months to go! I find myself thinking of possible themes all the time. Butterflies, flowers, Winnie-the-pooh.. the list goes on and on. I was at Party City right before 4th of July getting plates, cups.. etc.. and I found myself walking around looking for ideas for the party. I was literally in that store for an  hour. I did like the idea of a beach or luau theme. How cute would that be? Mom and Dad in grass skirts! :::sigh:::

 
Of course I have another issue... Matt's birthday is 3 days after Maddie's. We plan on doing a BBQ that weekend. We will have maddie's friends over during the day and Matt's friends over at night. The problem is... does Matt really want butterflies and/or flower decorations at his party? These are the things a Mom thinks about. I know Matt could care less about his party but it matters to me. I am all about the details. 

Now the next issue.. the cake... there is NO WAY IN HELL a store bought cake will do. I have seen the cakes my mom decorated for me as a kid and I really want to do the same for Maddie. It can't be THAT hard right? RIGHT? Oh lord help me! I have never even attempted to decorate a cake before! I need to look around for cake pans. I am sure that will give me some guidence and maybe even a theme for the party! Then I need to think of a "smash" cake for Maddie. EEEEEEEK! I am getting so excited just thinking about her smearing the cake everywhere! 

I am sure there will be many more blogs to come about this upcoming event.. stay tuned!




4 comments:

-N said...

I can't believe she is almost a year old!!! Time is just FLYING by.

Muffin Cake said...

I say you do Winnie the Pooh just to embarass your husband.

Brandi said...

I say go with the beach theme! Mariah can give you some tips on doing a beach-ball smash cake. :)

Oh, and I love this post--it sooo reminds me of what I went through when planning Ryan's 1st b-day. Kind of a surreal thing for a former bad girl to wrap her brain around. haha

Abbey said...

Hey Sugarlips Cakery (don't google this!!,,,,,,,) is in Mesa and that's where I got Kyndal's cake, they give you a free smasher cake and will decorate it to whatever you want (they copied my invites and it was super adorable)-if you get tired of trying to make one, which I greatly admire!!