CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I am teaching my daughter to people watch

Lets face it.. the BEST sport in the world is not baseball, football or soccer. It's people watching. This could seriously be an olympic sport. Let me demonstrate...

 
On Monday afternoon I was bored to tears. I wanted to get out and get some exercise but it was too hot to walk outside, Maddie does NOT do well in the child care area at the gym (see above blog entry) and all the recreation centers, with indoor tracks, only allow strollers when Maddie takes her naps. (don't EVEN get me started on this issue). So my next best solution was to take her to the mall. There is a mall near us called AZ Mills. It's an outlet mall that's one level and shaped in a circle. It's PERFECT for what I wanted to do. 
I realize that people who are shopping in a mall are not power walking with their 10 month old in a stroller, BUT... is is necessary to walk .005 MPH? Have you not been in a mall in your entire life? Are you sightseeing? Does this mall have stores you have never seen before? (trust me, it doesn't). Do you have severe ADD and 10 things just caught your attention? I really do not get it. It's like they are the only people in this place. Also, do people think it's ok to suddenly STOP in the middle of the walkway? Or dart out in front of someone(or something aka strollers). I started to get really annoyed and was ready to leave, but I decided to turn it into a game. I would give myself points for right answers. I am not sure what I will do with these points yet though. Maybe reward myself with a pedicure once I reach a certain amount? Hmm.. sounds good to me! So.. in my head I would say.. ok.. this guy in front of me is going to zig left so I should zag right.. then.. BOOM! It happens! I shit you not, my friends. I get 10 points! Woowhoo! Ok next... a little girl is going to dart out of a store with her parents nowhere to be found. BAM! It happens.. BUT.. it was a little boy.. only 5 points. This game continued on for 4 laps around the mall. I think I am up to 75,000 points (ok ok maybe not that much)
Next on our people watching adventure was to analyze the people themselves. Let me backtrack a little bit here.. this mall is .. how do you say.. umm.. a little ghetto. Picture fat girls in tube tops (umm sex-ay)
guys with pants down to their ankles...
and TEENS with parents that let them out of the house like this...



So.. I think you got my drift here. 

All in all it was a fun afternoon of making snide remarks to myself and getting some exercise. Hey.. killing two birds with one stone! Even Maddie had fun.. We would get behind someone and she would yell out a little bit. People would look back, see maddie, smile and move out of my way! She was like my little ambulance siren. Gotta love it!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Sounds like a fun game! And AZ Mills is the PERFECT place. :)

Abbey said...

That sounds like an awesome game! If you ever want to comment outloud to someone let me know, I'd love to join in on the fun! Your blog is fun to read, you're too funny. :)

M is for Miller said...

i need to be included in this adventure next time. i could use a pedi...i need me some points!