CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, July 3, 2008

I was violated today!!!!!!!!

So in an effort to get healthy and lose weight, I started going back to the gym. Madison is not very happy in the gym's daycare. I think she is going through a little bit of separation anxiety so it's hard for me to leave her. The daycare does a fabulous job of keeping her entertained and giving her special attention, but I think she just wants her Momma. She will last 30-40 minutes before I hear those dreaded words come over the sound system. "Attention Mountainside fitness memebers, will Cyrena McGraw please report to the childcare center". Ughhh.

So... about the violation... I decided to sign up for a class called "stroller strength". It's basically cardio, upper and lower body workouts with your kid being pushed in a stroller! It's great! What a fabulous idea! I get the best of both worlds. I can be with Madison and get a good workout. Little did I know the class was going to kick my ass! I realize I am not in the best shape (haha) but I had no idea how bad it really is! The class starts with some cardio. Jogging around the gym.. ok, I can do this. No problem! Then we do lunges across the whole gym and back (ok ouch). Next it's sprints... half court and back.. full length and back.. This continues in a cycle what seems like FOREVER. I am DYING at this point. I look over at the other girls (who are a size fucking 2) and I want to stab them. They are skipping along like this is a cakewalk. (stab. stab. stab. stab) 
There are times when you leave your kid (still in the stroller obviously) and do sprints, lunges etc.. on your own. This does NOT make Madison happy and I realize it's about her nap time. I use this as an excuse to skip out early. Now, I know that if I stick with the class it will get
easier. Now that I know what the class is like and what my body can handle, I will be taking it easy. I have nothing to prove.. but.. I have to say.. I did feel like the fat kid in dodgeball. Stay tuned for more.. "tales from stroller strength"

2 comments:

sheilamc said...

I love this!!!!!Now I can see the babies and hear about your adventures.
Maybe you can teach Madison to trip the skinny-minny 2T women and then Mommy can dominate!
Love ya'

Brandi said...

That doesn't sound like exercise, that sounds like pure HELL!!! Sadists planned that class, I swear.