CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, July 18, 2008

Just something funny..

Just a little funny thing that happened today.. I promise not to take up too much of your time. I needed to go to Target today to pick up a few things. Maddie and I had been swimming so I needed to change her before we left. I carefully picked out her outfit. I always think about what she is going to wear. Do I want her in a comfy summer dress? Is it a onesie/shorts kinda day? Maybe a jumper? Ahhh... so many options. So I decided on an summer dress. I peeked in the diaper bag to make sure I had my wallet and a diaper and out the door I went.... well.. almost.. I got to the door and realized I looked like something the cat dragged in. I had on a dirty tank top and shorts with paint on them. My hair was pulled back in somewhat of a ponytail and my shoes didn't come close to matching what I had on. Oh.. and I hadn't even put deodorant on yet!


Now.. normally I could care less about what I am wearing, make-up, hair done.. etc.. BUT.. I do like to look presentable. I mean, these poor innocent target shoppers do have to look at me. I decided to at least put on a clean tank top and a decent pair of shorts. 

Thinking back on this incident made me laugh. It truly says something about being a Mom and that no matter what, when, or how little.. we always put our kiddos first. The best part of this story is now I spend 98% of my time in the baby section. Usually looking through the clearance aisles for cute clothes. The other 2% is grabbing what I actually need. (toothpaste, shampoo.. etc.) This is a FAR cry from before Maddie was born. I could browse Target for HOURS. Looking at clothes I didn't need or purses I didn't want but bought anyway.. 

Ok.. there is a cricket the size of Africa in my living room right now. I can't concentrate.. He's SO LOUD! IT'S ALL I CAN HEAR RIGHT NOW.. I can't even hear the dang TV! That's all I got anyways.. LATERS!!!

2 comments:

maui8908 said...

Lol. That is SO true. I'm glad I'm not the only one who now goes to target and spends at least an hour browsing in the baby section :)

Brandi said...

God, I so could have written this! I love your honesty, Cyrena. :)